您的当前位置:首页傲慢与偏见 英文剧本

傲慢与偏见 英文剧本

来源:锐游网


片名:《傲慢与偏见》

Lydia! Kitty!

莉蒂亚,小凯

My dear Mr Bennet, have you heard?

我亲爱的班奈特先生 你听说了没有?

Netherfield Park is let at last. Do you not want to know who has taken it?

尼日菲庄园终於租出去了 你不想知道是谁租的吗?

As you wish to tell me, my dear, I doubt I have any choice in the matter.

妳既然想告诉我,亲爱的 这件事我恐怕也没有选择馀地

Kitty, what have I told you about listening at the door?

小凯,我不是跟妳说过 不要在门後偷听的吗?

There's a Mr Bingley arrived from the North.

是北部来的宾利先生

- Five thousand a year! - Really?

- 一年五千镑 - 真的?

- He's single! - Who's single?

- 他是单身汉 - 谁是单身汉?

A Mr Bingley, apparently. Kitty!

显然是宾利先生,小凯

How can that possibly affect them?

这跟她们有什麽关系?

Mr Bennet, how can you be so tiresome?

班奈特先生 你怎能这麽讨人厌?

You know he must marry one of them.

你知道他必须娶她们的其中一个

That is his design in settling here?

这是他安居在此的计画吗?

You must go and visit him at once.

你必须立刻去拜访他

Good heavens. People.

老天,这麽多人

For we may not visit if you do not, as you well know, Mr Bennet.

若你不去,我们也不能去 班奈特先生

- Are you listening? You never listen. - You must, Papa! At once!

- 你听到没有?你从不听我说 - 爸爸,你必须马上去

There's no need. I already have.

没必要,我已去过了

- You have? - When?

- 你去过了? - 哪时候?

Oh, Mr Bennet, how can you tease me so?

班奈特先生 你怎能这样作弄我?

Have you no compassion for my poor nerves?

你对我可怜的神经 没有半点同情心吗?

You mistake me, my dear. I have the highest respect for them.

妳误解我了,亲爱的 我非常尊敬妳的神经

They've been my constant companions these twenty years.

二十年来 它们一直是我忠实的同伴

Papa!

爸爸

- Is he amiable? - Who?

- 他亲切吗? - 谁?

- Is he handsome? - He's sure to be.

- 他英俊吗? - 应该是的

With 5,000 a year, it would not matter if he had warts.

一年有五千镑 就算长疣也无所谓

Who's got warts?

谁长疣了?

I will consent to his marrying whichever girl he chooses.

他娶哪个女孩我都会很满意

- So will he come to the ball tomorrow? - I believe so.

- 他会参加明晚的舞会吗? - 我相信会的

- Mr Bennet! - [Kitty] I have to have your muslin!

- 班奈特先生 - 我要妳印花布洋装!

- I'll lend you my green slippers! - They were mine.

- 我借妳绿色的拖鞋! - 那是我的

- I'll do your mending for a week. - I'll retrim your new bonnet.

- 我替妳缝一星期的衣服 - 我替妳修饰新软帽

Two weeks I'll do it for.

我愿意做两个星期?

[# jig]

It's not the same! It's not the same.

这不一样! 这不一样!

I can't breathe.

我无法呼吸

[girl] I think one of my toes just came off.

我想我的一个脚趾掉下来了

If every man does not end the evening in love with you,

若今晚结束前 没有一个男的爱上妳

then I'm no judge of beauty.

那我就不知道怎麽评断美

- Or men. - No, they are far too easy to judge.

- 或评断男人 - 男人太难了解了

They're not all bad.

他们不全是坏人

Humourless poppycocks, in my limited experience.

在我有限的经验中 他们只会说无趣的废话

One day, someone will catch your eye,

有一天,妳会喜欢上某人

and then you'll have to watch your tongue.

到时候妳说话就要小心

How good of you to come.

很荣幸你们能够赏光

Which of the painted peacocks is our Mr Bingley?

哪只装饰过度的孔雀 是我们的宾利先生?

He's on the right. On the left is his sister.

他在右边 左边是他妹妹

- The person with the quizzical brow? - That is his good friend, Mr Darcy.

- 眉毛古怪的那个呢? - 那是他的好友达西先生

- He looks miserable, poor soul. - He may be, but poor he is not.

- 他看来好惨,可怜的灵魂 - 也许吧,但他可不穷

Tell me.

告诉我吧

1 0,000 a year, and he owns half of Derbyshire.

他一年有一万镑收入 而且拥有半个德贝郡

The miserable half.

糟糕的那一半德贝郡

[# jig]

Mr Bennet, you must introduce him to the girls immediately.

班奈特先生 你必须立刻把他介绍给女儿们

Smile at Mr Bingley. Smile.

对宾利先生微笑,微笑

Mary.

玛莉

Mr Bingley, my eldest daughter you know.

宾利先生,这是我的大女儿

Mrs Bennet, Miss Jane Bennet, Elizabeth and Miss Mary Bennet.

班奈特太太,珍班奈特小姐 伊莉莎白和玛莉班奈特

It is a pleasure. I have two others, but they're already dancing.

很荣幸,我还有两个女儿 但她们已经在跳舞

I'm delighted to make your acquaintance.

很高兴与各位见面

And may I introduce Mr Darcy of Pemberley in Derbyshire.

容我介绍德贝郡 彭伯里的达西先生

How do you like it here in Hertfordshire?

你还喜欢哈福郡这里吗?

Very much.

非常喜欢

The library at Netherfield, I've heard, is one of the finest.

我听说尼日菲的图书馆 是最棒的

It fills me with guilt. I'm not a good reader. I prefer being out of doors.

这让我很有罪恶感,我不爱阅读 我较喜欢户外活动

Oh, I mean, I can read, of course.

我当然能看书?

And I'm not suggesting you can't read out of doors.

我也不是说不能在户外看书

[Jane] I wish I read more, but there seem to be so many other things to do.

我希望能多读点书 但总好像有其它事要做

[Bingley] That's exactly what I meant.

对,我就是这个意思

Mama, Mama! You will never, ever believe what we're about to tell you.

妈妈,妳绝不相信 我即将要告诉妳的事?

- Tell me! - She's going to take the veil.

- 快说吧! - 她要去当修女

- The regiment are coming! - Officers?

- 军团要来了 - 军官?

They're going to be stationed the whole winter, right here.

他们整个冬天都要驻扎在此

- Officers? - As far as the eye can see.

- 军官吗? - 放眼望去都是

[Mrs Bennet] Oh, look. Jane's dancing with Mr Bingley.

你看 珍在和宾利先生跳舞

Mr Bennet.

班奈特先生

- Do you dance, Mr Darcy? - Not if I can help it.

- 达西先生,你跳舞吗? - 我尽可能避免

I didn't know you were coming to see me. What's the matter?

我不知道妳要来见我 怎麽了?

We are a long way from Grosvenor Square, are we not, Mr Darcy?

我们离葛凡诺广场很远 对吧,达西先生?

I've never seen so many pretty girls.

我从没见过这麽多美女

You were dancing with the only handsome girl.

你刚和唯一的美女跳舞

She is the most beautiful creature I have ever beheld.

她是我所见过最漂亮的美人

- But her sister Elizabeth is agreeable. - Perfectly tolerable.

- 她妹妹伊莉莎白也很可亲 - 还勉强可以忍受

Not handsome enough to tempt me. Return to your partner and enjoy her smiles.

但还不够吸引我 回妳舞伴身边,欣赏她的笑容

[Darcy] You're wasting your time with me.

跟我一起只是浪费时间

Count your blessings, Lizzie. If he liked you, you'd have to talk to him.

伊莉莎白,抓住妳的幸福 若他喜欢妳,妳要跟他讲话

Precisely.

一点也没错

I wouldn't dance with him for all of Derbyshire,

就算他有整个德贝郡 我也不会与他共舞

Iet alone the miserable half.

更何况他只有糟糕的那半边

[# jig]

Wait!

等等

- I enjoyed that so much, Miss Lucas. - How well you dance, Mr Bingley.

- 我很愉快,路卡斯小姐 - 宾利先生,你跳的真好

[woman] I've never enjoyed a dance so much.

我从来没跳得这麽愉快过

My daughter Jane is a splendid dancer, is she not?

我女儿珍是个优秀的舞者 对吧?

She is indeed.

的确是的

Your friend Miss Lucas is a most amusing young woman.

妳的朋友路卡斯小姐 是很有趣的年轻姑娘

Oh, yes, I adore her.

是的,我喜欢她

- It is a pity she's not more handsome. - Mama!

- 很可惜她称不上漂亮 - 妈妈

Oh, but Lizzie would never admit that she's plain.

虽然伊莉莎白绝不会承认她很平凡

Of course, it's my Jane who's considered the beauty of the county.

当然,我的珍是公认的美女

Mama, please!

妈妈,拜托

When she was 1 5, a gentleman was so much in love with her,

她十五岁时,就有绅士爱上她

I was sure he would make her an offer.

我确信他想跟珍求婚

However, he did write her some very pretty verses.

他的确为珍写了些美丽的诗句

And that put paid to it.

但是为此付出了代价

I wonder who discovered the power of poetry in driving away love.

不知谁发现诗的力量 可以驱逐爱情

- I thought poetry was the food of love. - Of a fine, stout love.

-我认为诗是爱的粮食 -美好坚贞的爱之粮

But if it is only a vague inclination, one poor sonnet will kill it.

但若只是模糊的爱 糟糕的十四行诗会毁了它

So, what do you recommend to encourage affection?

那妳觉得什麽能激起爱情?

Dancing. Even if one's partner is barely tolerable.

跳舞 即使是和仅能勉强容忍的舞伴

[hushed] Mr Bingley is just what a young man ought to be.

宾利先生就是 一个年轻男人该有的样子

- Sensible, good-humoured... - Handsome, conveniently rich...

- 理性,有幽默感 - 英俊,刚好又有钱

Marriage should not be driven by thoughts of money.

婚姻不应该和金钱扯上关系

Only deep love will persuade me to marry.

只有真爱才能让我结婚

- Which is why I'll end up an old maid. - Do you really believe he liked me?

-所以我会嫁不出去 -妳真的认为他喜欢我?

He danced with you most of the night, and stared at you the rest.

他整晚大多与妳共舞 其馀时间都盯着妳看

I give you leave to like him. You've liked many stupider.

我准许妳喜欢他 妳喜欢过太多蠢蛋了

You're a great deal too apt to like people in general.

妳太容易喜欢别人

All the world is good in your eyes.

世界在妳眼中都是美好的

Not his friend. I still can't believe what he said about you.

他的朋友可不 我还是不能相信他对妳的评语

Mr Darcy?

达西先生吗?

I'd more easily forgive his vanity had he not wounded mine.

若他没有伤害到我的虚荣心 我会比较容易原谅他的自负

But no matter. I doubt we shall ever speak again.

但没关系 我们大概没有机会再交谈

[Mrs Bennet] He danced with Miss Lucas.

他和路卡斯小姐跳第三支舞

[Mr Bennet] We were all there, dear.

我们都在场

It is a shame she's not more handsome.

真可怜,可惜她不够漂亮

There's a spinster in the making and no mistake.

有些人天生就注定嫁不出去

The fourth with a Miss King of little standing,

第四支舞和金小姐跳

and the fifth again with Jane.

第五支舞又跟珍跳

If he had any compassion, he would've sprained his ankle.

若他还有同情心 他早就把脚踝扭伤了

The way you carry on,

照你那种说法

you'd think our girls look forward to a grand inheritance.

你难道以为 我们的女儿会期待一大笔遗产

When you die, which may be very soon,

你死後,可能留不了太久了

they will be left without a roof over their head nor a penny to their name.

她们会无处可住又身无分文

- Please, it's ten in the morning. - A letter to Miss Bennet, ma'am.

-拜托,现在才早上十点 -夫人,有班奈特小姐的信

From Netherfield Hall.

是来自尼日菲庄园的

- Praise the Lord. We are saved! - [laughter]

感谢主,我们得救了

[Mrs Bennet] Make haste, Jane, make haste. Oh, happy day!

珍,快一点 真是快乐的一天

It is from Caroline Bingley.

是卡洛琳宾利写来的

She has invited me to dine with her.

她邀请我与她共进晚餐

- Her brother will be dining out. - Dining out?

- 她哥哥将会外出用餐 - 外出用餐?

- Can I take the carriage? - Let me see.

- 我可以搭马车吗? - 我看看

- It is too far to walk. - This is unaccountable of him.

- 走路太远了 - 我真不明白他竟然在外出用餐

Mama, the carriage for Jane?

妈,珍可以坐马车吗?

Certainly not. She'll go on horseback.

当然不行,她必须骑马去?

[Lizzie & Jane] Horseback!

骑马?

[thunder]

Lizzie.

伊莉莎白

Now she'll have to stay the night, exactly as I predicted.

现在她必须留下来过夜 正如我的预测

Good grief, woman, your skills in the art of matchmaking

老天啊,女人 妳作媒的技巧?

are positively occult.

真是超乎人的想像

Though I don't think, Mama, you can take credit for making it rain.

妈妈 但我觉得妳不可能呼风唤雨

\"My friends will not hear of me returning home until I am better.

「我痊愈之前 朋友们都不会有我的消息

Excepting a sore throat, a fever and a headache, nothing is wrong with me.\"

除了喉咙痛,发烧和头痛外 我一切都好」

If Jane does die it will be a comfort to know it was in pursuit of Mr Bingley.

- 这真是一个笑话! - 若珍为了追求宾利先生而死,那还真是令人安慰

People do not die of colds.

人才不会因为感冒而死

[Lizzie] But she may perish with the shame of having such a mother.

但她可能因为有这种母亲 而羞愧而死

I must go to Netherfield at once.

我必须立刻去尼日菲庄园

Lady Bathurst is redecorating her ballroom in the French style.

巴索斯夫人将她的舞厅 重新装潢成法式风格

A little unpatriotic, don't you think?

你不觉得这样会不太爱国吗?

Miss Elizabeth Bennet.

伊莉莎白班奈特小姐

[Caroline] Good Lord, did you walk here?

老天,妳走路过来的吗?

I did.

是的

- I'm so sorry. How is my sister? - She's upstairs.

- 抱歉,我姊姊好吗? - 她在楼上

Thank you.

谢谢

[Caroline] My goodness, did you see her hem? Six inches deep in mud.

我的天,你看到她的裙摆吗? 有6吋被泥巴浸湿了

She looked positively mediaeval.

她看起来真是过时

I feel such a terrible imposition. They're being so kind to me.

我觉得好糟糕 但他们对我真好

I don't know who is more pleased at your being here, Mama or Mr Bingley.

不知道妳在这里,高兴的是人 会是妈妈还是宾利先生

Thank you for tending to my sister so diligently.

谢谢你这麽辛劳地照顾我姊姊

She's in far better comfort than at home.

她比在家舒服多了

It's a pleasure.

我很乐意

I mean, it's not a pleasure that she's ill. Of course not.

我不是指她的生病让我很高兴

It's a pleasure that she's here, being ill.

我是很高兴她待在这里 虽然她生病了

Black on the back, but not related to the learned pig of Norwich.

背是黑色的 但是和诺瑞奇的学习猪无关

- Now that pig is... - Mr Bennet.

-那只猪是… -班奈特先生

It's all going to plan. He's half in love with her already.

一切都照计划进行 他已经快爱上她了

- Who is, blossom? - Mr Bingley.

- 谁啊? - 宾利先生

He doesn't mind that she hasn't a penny.

他不会介意她身无分文

He has more than enough for the two of them.

他自己就够有钱了

- How will we meet them? - Easy!

- 我们怎麽跟他们见面? - 这很简单

Wait for me!

等等我

[Lydia] You drop something. They pick it up. And then you're introduced.

妳丢个东西,他们捡起来 然後就有人介绍了

Officers!

军官

[# military march]

[Caroline] You write uncommonly fast, Mr Darcy.

达西先生,你写得真快

You're mistaken. I write slowly.

妳误会了,我算写得很慢

How many letters you must have occasion to write, Mr Darcy.

达西先生 你一定有很多信要写

Letters of business. How odious I should think them.

商业信函,我讨厌极了

It is fortunate, then, they fall to me and not you.

还好写的人是我 而不是妳

Tell your sister I long to see her.

告诉你妹妹我很想见她

- I've already told her once. - I do dote on her.

- 我已经告诉过她了 - 我真的很喜欢她

I was quite in raptures at her beautiful design for a table.

她美丽的桌子设计,令我着迷

Perhaps you will give me leave to defer your raptures.

也许妳能允许我有不同的意见

I have not room enough to do them justice.

但我没有足够的空间写下去

[Bingley] You young ladies are so accomplished.

你们这些年轻姑娘真是多才多艺

- What do you mean? - You paint tables, play the piano

- 你指的是什麽?查尔斯? - 妳们能绘画丶弹琴?

and embroider cushions.

还会刺绣

I never heard of a lady, but people say she's accomplished.

我还没听过,有哪个姑娘没有以上的才能

[Darcy] The word is applied too liberally.

多才多艺这个字眼被运用地太广泛

I do not know more than half a dozen women

我所认识多才多艺的女人 不超过六个

- that are truly accomplished. - [Caroline] Nor l.

我也是

Goodness, you must comprehend a great deal in the idea.

老天,你一定对这个相当了解

- I do. - Absolutely.

- 的确是的 - 绝对是的

She must have a knowledge of music, singing, drawing, dancing

她必须非常精通音乐 歌唱丶绘画丶跳舞

and the modern languages to deserve the word.

以及现代语言 才称得上多才多艺

And something in her air and manner of walking.

而且她的气质以及走路仪态

And she must improve her mind by extensive reading.

她还必须博览群书以增广见闻

I'm no longer surprised at your knowing only six accomplished women.

那麽你只认识六个才女 就不让我惊讶了

- I wonder at you knowing any. - Are you so severe on your own sex?

- 我怀疑真有这样的人 - 你对女性这麽严苛吗?

I never saw such a woman. She would certainly be a fearsome thing to behold.

我从未见过这样的女人 她一定可憎?

[Caroline] Miss Elizabeth, let us take a turn about the room.

伊莉莎白小姐 我们在房间里走走

It's refreshing, is it not, after sitting so long in one attitude?

坐了这麽久,走走可以提神

It is a small kind of accomplishment, I suppose.

我猜这是某种才艺

Will you not join us, Mr Darcy?

达西先生,你不加入我们吗?

You can only have two motives, and I would interfere with either.

妳只有两个动机 两种我都不想干涉

What can he mean?

他是什麽意思?

The surest way to disappoint him would be to ask him nothing.

要让他失望 就是什麽都不要问他

Do tell us, Mr Darcy.

达西先生,请告诉我们

Either you are in each other's confidence

如果不是妳们彼此信任

and you have secret affairs to discuss,

想要讨论一些私事

or you are conscious that your figures

就是很清楚妳们的体态

appear to the greatest advantage by walking.

在走路时最为动人

If the first, I should get in your way.

若是前者,我不想打扰

If the second, I can admire you much better from here.

若是後者 坐在这里欣赏更好

How shall we punish him for such a speech?

真惊人 我们该怎麽惩罚他这种言论?

- We could laugh at him. - No. Mr Darcy is not to be teased.

- 我们可以嘲笑他 - 不,我们不能作弄他

Are you too proud, Mr Darcy? And would you consider pride a fault or a virtue?

达西先生,你傲慢吗? 你觉得傲慢是缺点还是优点?

- I couldn't say. - We're trying to find a fault in you.

- 这很难说 - 我们想找出你的缺点

I find it hard to forgive the follies and vices of others,

我很难原谅别人的愚蠢和恶行

or their offences against me.

或他们对我的冒犯

My good opinion, once lost, is lost forever.

我认为一旦犯错就不得翻身

Oh, dear. I cannot tease you about that.

老天,我不能嘲笑你这点

What a shame, for I dearly love to laugh.

真可惜,因为我很爱笑

[Caroline] A family trait, I think.

我想是家族特性吧

A Mrs Bennet, a Miss Bennet, a Miss Bennet and a Miss Bennet, sir.

班奈特太太,班奈特小姐 班奈特小姐和班奈特小姐

Are we to receive every Bennet in the country?

老天,我们接待了 国内的每个班奈特吗?

What an excellent room you have, sir.

先生,这个房间真壮观

Such expensive furnishings.

这麽昂贵的家俱

[Mrs Bennet] I do hope you intend to stay here, Mr Bingley.

宾利先生,希望你住下来

Absolutely, I find the country very diverting. Don't you agree, Darcy?

当然,我觉得乡间很有趣 达西,你不觉得吗?

I find it perfectly adequate.

我觉得还可以

Even if society is a little less varied than in town.

虽然社交圈比城里单调多了

Less varied? Not at all.

单调?才不会呢

We dine with four and 20 families of all shapes and sizes.

我们和24个家族来往

Sir William Lucas, for instance, is a very agreeable man.

例如威廉路卡斯爵士 就非常讨人喜欢

And a good deal less self-important than some people half his rank.

还有一些不会自视过高的人

[Lydia] Mr Bingley, is it true you will hold a ball here?

宾利先生 你真的要举办舞会吗?

A ball?

舞会?

It would be an excellent way to meet new friends. You could invite the militia.

这是认识新朋友的好办法 你可以邀请民兵团

- Oh, do hold a ball! - Kitty!

- 请开舞会吧 - 小凯

When your sister recovers, you shall name the day.

等妳姊姊一康复 就挑个日子吧

I think a ball is an irrational way to gain new acquaintance.

我认为舞会并不是 认识新朋友的合理方式

It would be better if conversation, not dancing, were the order of the day.

交谈比跳舞好

Indeed, much more rational, but rather less like a ball.

是很合理,但就不像舞会了

Thank you, Mary.

谢谢妳,玛莉

What a fine imposing place to be sure, is it not, my dears?

这房子可真壮观 是吧,亲爱的?

There's no house to equal it in the county.

乡下没有任何房子比得上这里

- Mr Darcy. - Miss Bennet.

- 达西先生 - 班奈特小姐

- There she is. - I don't know how to thank you.

- 她来了 - 我不知道该如何谢你

You're welcome any time you feel the least bit poorly.

不要客气

Thank you for your stimulating company. Most instructive.

有妳陪伴很开心 收获很大

Not at all. The pleasure is all mine.

不客气,是我的荣幸

- Mr Darcy. - Miss Elizabeth.

- 达西先生 - 伊莉莎白小姐

And then there was one with great long lashes, like a cow.

还有一只绑了很长的绳索 像是牛

Ask Mrs Hill to order us a sirloin, Betsy.

贝琪,跟希尔太太订沙朗牛排

Just the one, mind. We're not made of money.

只要那个,我们没有钱

[Mary practises scales]

I hope, my dear, you've ordered a good dinner today.

亲爱的 希望妳今天准备了丰盛的晚餐

I've reason to expect an addition to our family party.

我相信有人会加入 我们的家庭聚餐

[Lizzie] His name's Mr Collins, the dreaded cousin.

那讨厌的表亲叫柯林斯先生

- [Charlotte] Who is to inherit? - Everything.

- 那个继承人吗? - 是啊,会继承一切?

Even my piano stool belongs to Mr Collins.

连我的钢琴凳子 都属於柯林斯先生

When?

哪时候?

He may turn us out of the house as soon as he pleases.

只要他高兴 随时可以把我们撵出房子?

The estate passes directly to him and not to us poor females.

房地产由他继承 而不是我们这些可怜的女性

Mr Collins, at your service.

柯林斯先生,随时听候差遣

What a superbly featured room and what excellent potatoes.

好棒的房间和好棒的马铃薯

It's many years since I've had such an exemplary vegetable.

我好多年没吃过这麽好的蔬菜

To which fair cousin should I compliment the excellence of the cooking?

这麽棒的厨艺 我该赞美哪位表亲?

We are perfectly able to keep a cook.

柯林斯先生 我们有足够能力请得起厨师

Excellent.

好极了

I'm very pleased the estate can afford such a living.

我很高兴这些房地产 能提供这样的生活

I'm honoured to have as my patroness Lady Catherine de Bourgh.

我很荣幸有个赞助人 凯萨琳狄柏夫人

You've heard of her, I presume?

妳们听过她吧?

My small rectory abuts her estate,

我的牧师宿舍紧邻她的宅邸

Rosings Park, and she often condescends

罗新庄园

to drive by my humble dwelling in her little phaeton and ponies.

她常常驾着马车经过寒舍

Does she have any family?

她没有家人吗?

One daughter, the heiress of Rosings and very extensive property.

有个女儿 是广大的罗新庄园之继承人

I've often observed to Lady Catherine

我常跟凯萨琳夫人说?

that her daughter seemed born to be a duchess,

她女儿天生是女公爵

for she has all the superior graces of elevated rank.

因为她拥有那种 高贵阶层的优雅

These kind of compliments are always acceptable to the ladies,

这种赞美总是受到女士欢迎

and which I conceive myself particularly bound to pay.

我认为这是我应该付出的

How happy for you, Mr Collins,

我真为你高兴,柯林斯先生

to possess the talent for flattering with such delicacy.

拥有这麽得体的恭维天份

Do these attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment

这种恭维是一时兴起的

or are they the result of previous study?

还是预先研究好的?

They arise from what is passing at the time.

要看当时的状况

I always wish to give them as unstudied an air as possible.

但我希望尽量做到浑然天成

Oh, believe me, no one would suspect your manners to be rehearsed.

相信我 没人会知道你曾经练习过

[Lydia laughs, coughs]

After dinner, I thought I might read to you for an hour or two.

晚餐後 我想为各位念一两个钟头的书

I have with me Fordyce's Sermons

我带来福德斯的讲道篇

which speak very eloquently on all matters moral.

洋洋洒洒地讨论到各种道德

Are you familiar with Fordyce's Sermons, Miss Bennet?

班奈特小姐 妳熟悉福德斯的讲道篇吗?

Mrs Bennet, I have been bestowed by the good grace of Lady Catherine de Bourgh

班奈特太太 凯萨琳狄柏夫人恩赐我

a parsonage of no mean size.

一栋牧师宿舍

I have become aware of the fact.

我有注意到这点

It is my avowed hope that soon I may find a mistress for it.

我很希望尽快为它找个女主人?

And I have to inform you that the eldest Miss Bennet

我想告知妳 大女儿班奈特小姐

has captured my special attention.

让我特别注意

Oh, Mr Collins.

柯林斯先生

Unfortunately, it is incumbent upon me

很不幸地

to hint that the eldest Miss Bennet is very soon to be engaged.

我得说大女儿很快就要订婚了

Engaged.

订婚?

But Miss Lizzie, next to her in age and beauty,

但年纪外貌都仅次於她的 伊莉莎白小姐

would make anyone an excellent partner.

会是任何人的好伴侣

Do not you agree? Mr Collins?

你同意吗?柯林斯先生

Indeed. Indeed.

的确是的

A very agreeable alternative.

是非常不错的另一个选择

[fiddler plays]

[Lizzie] Mr Collins is a man who makes you despair at the entire sex.

柯林斯先生会让妳 对所有的男性绝望

- Yours, I believe. - Oh, Mr Wickham, how perfect you are.

- 我相信这是妳的 - 维克先生,你真好

He picked up my handkerchief. Did you drop yours on purpose?

他捡起我的手帕 妳故意掉的吗?

Mr Wickham is a lieutenant.

维克先生是个上尉

- An enchanted lieutenant. - What are you up to, Liddy?

- 很迷人的上尉 - 妳在想些什麽?

- We happened to be looking for ribbon. - White, for the ball.

- 我们正在找条缎带 - 白色的,舞会用的

Shall we all look for some ribbon together?

我们一起去找吧?

- Good afternoon, Mr James. - Miss Lydia, Miss Bennet.

- 詹姆士先生,你好 - 莉蒂亚小姐,班奈特小姐

I shan't even browse.

我根本不该看

I can't be trusted. I have poor taste in ribbons.

不能相信我 我对缎带很没眼光

Only a truly confident man would admit that.

只有有自信的人才会承认这点?

No, it's true.

不,我是说真的

And buckles. When it comes to buckles, I'm lost.

还有扣环 只要跟扣环有关,我就完了

- You must be the shame of the regiment. - The laughing stock.

- 你一定是民兵团之耻 - 他们的笑柄

What do your superiors do with you?

你的上司拿你怎麽办?

Ignore me. I'm of next to no importance, so it's easily done.

忽视我,我只是无名小卒 所以很容易打发

- Lizzie, lend me some money. - You already owe me a fortune.

- 伊莉莎白,借我一些钱 - 妳已经欠我一大笔了

- Allow me to oblige. - No, Mr Wickham, please...

- 我来吧 - 不,维克先生,拜托…

I insist.

我坚持

- [Lizzie] I pity the French. - [Wickham] So do l.

- 我同情法国人 - 我也是

- [Jane] Look, Mr Bingley. - [Lydia] Mr Bingley!

- 看,是宾利先生 - 宾利先生

[Bingley] I was just on my way to your house.

我正打算到妳府上

How do you like my ribbons for your ball?

你喜欢我为你舞会 准备的缎带吗?

- Very beautiful. - She is. Look, she's blooming.

- 非常美丽 - 她也是,看她如盛开的花?

Oh, Lydia.

莉蒂亚

Be sure to invite Mr Wickham. He is a credit to his profession.

邀请维克先生吧 他是个好军人

[Jane] You can't invite people to other people's balls.

莉蒂亚 妳不能邀请人到别人的舞会

Of course, you must come, Mr Wickham.

维克先生,欢迎你来

If you'll excuse me, ladies, enjoy the day.

小姐们,恕我失陪 好好享受这一天

[Lizzie] Do you plan to go to the Netherfield ball, Mr Wickham?

维克先生 你要参加尼日菲的舞会吗?

Perhaps. How long has Mr Darcy been a guest there?

也许吧 达西先生到这作客多久了?

About a month.

大约一个月

Forgive me, but are you acquainted with him, with Mr Darcy?

抱歉问你,你跟达西先生很熟吗?

Indeed, I've been connected with his family since infancy.

是的 我从幼年就和他家有关连

You may well be surprised, given our cold greeting this afternoon.

妳大概会很惊讶 尤其是看了今天下午他的冷漠态度

I hope your plans in favour of Meryton will not be affected

希望你和那位先生的关系 不会影响到

- by your relations with the gentleman. - It is not for me to be driven away.

- 你待在美乐顿的计画 - 我不会被逼走的

If he wishes to avoid seeing me, he must go, not l.

若他希望避免见到我 该走的是他,而不是我

I must ask, what is the manner of your disapproval of Mr Darcy?

维克先生,我得问 你对达西先生有什麽不满?

My father managed his estate.

家父的工作是管理他的家产

We grew up together, Darcy and l.

达西和我一起长大

His father treated me like a second son, loved me like a son.

他父亲视我如己出

We were both with him the day he died.

他过世那天,我们都在他身边?

With his last breath,

在临终前

his father bequeathed me the rectory in his estate.

他父亲留给我 他产业中的牧师住宅

He knew I had my heart set on joining the Church.

他知道我一心向往传教

But Darcy ignored his wishes and gave the living to another man.

但达西不理会 把那块地给了别人

- But why? - Jealousy.

- 为什麽? - 忌妒

His father...

他父亲…

Well, he loved me better and Darcy couldn't stand it.

比较疼我 而达西受不了?

- How cruel. - So now I'm a poor foot-soldier.

- 好残酷 - 所以我成了穷步兵

Too lowly even to be noticed.

阶级低到不会引人注意

[hums tune]

- Breathe in! - I can't anymore. You're hurting.

- 吸气 - 不行了啦,好痛

Betsy.

贝琪

Betsy!

贝琪

- There must've been a misunderstanding. anybody.

- 这其中一定有误会 - 妳没讨厌过任何人吗?

Jane, you never think ill of -

How could Mr Darcy do such a thing?

达西先生怎能做出这种事?

I will discover the truth from Mr Bingley this evening.

让我今晚跟宾利先生问清楚

Let Mr Darcy contradict it himself.

让达西先生自己驳斥这种说法

Till he does, I hope never to encounter him.

否则我再也不想见到他

Poor, unfortunate, Mr Wickham.

可怜的维克先生

Wickham is twice the man Darcy is.

完全相反 维克比达西好

And, let us hope, a rather more willing dancer.

希望他比较喜欢跳舞

[man] There they are, look.

他们来了,你看?

- [lady] Oh, yes. - [man] Billy.

- 是的 - 比利

[man] Jane Martin is here.

珍马丁来了

May I say what an immense pleasure it is to see you again.

能再见到你真是极大的荣幸 宾利先生

- Mrs Bennet. - Miss Bingley.

- 班奈特太太 - 宾利小姐

Charming.

很迷人?

I'm so pleased you're here.

我好高兴妳能来

So am l.

我也是

No, not at all, I was just admiring the general splendour.

没有,我只是欣赏这里的华丽

- It is breathtaking, Mr Bingley. - Good.

- 宾利先生,这里令人屏息 - 好的

[Mrs Bennet] You might have passed a few pleasantries with Mr Bingley.

你至少该跟宾利先生开些玩笑

[Mrs Bennet] I've never met a more pleasant gentleman in all my years.

我敢说我这辈子还没看过 这麽讨人喜欢的绅士

Did you see how he dotes on her?

你看他多麽喜欢她

[Mrs Bennet] Dear Jane, always doing what's best for her family.

亲爱的珍 总会为她的家人打算

[orchestra plays]

- Charlotte! - Lizzie!

- 夏绿蒂 - 伊莉莎白

- Have you seen Mr Wickham? - No. Perhaps he's through here.

- 妳看到维克先生没? - 没,也许他在这边

Lizzie, Mr Wickham is not here. Apparently, he's been detained.

伊莉莎白,维克先生不在这 显然他被耽搁了

Detained where? He must be here.

在哪耽搁?他一定会来的

- There you are. - Mr Collins.

- 妳在这啊 - 柯林斯先生

Perhaps you will do me the honour, Miss Elizabeth.

希望妳能赏光,伊莉莎白小姐

Oh, I did not think you danced, Mr Collins.

我以为你不跳舞,柯林斯先生

I do not think it incompatible with the office of a clergyman.

我认为这和神职人员的工作 并没有冲突

Several people, her Ladyship included, have complimented me

事实上很多人 包括夫人都赞美我

on my lightness of foot.

脚步轻盈

[Jane] Apparently, your Mr Wickham has been called on some business to town.

很显然妳的维克先生 有事留在城里了

Dancing is of little consequence to me, but it does...

跳舞对我并不重要,但…

...but it does afford the opportunity to lavish...

但可以提供我一个机会

-... upon one's partner attentions... - [Jane] My informer tells me...

- 透露意图给… - 有人告诉我…

...that he would be less inclined to be engaged, were it not for...

他其实没什麽要紧的事要办 要不是…

...the presence of a certain gentleman.

在场的某位绅士

[Collins] Which is my primary object.

我主要的对象

[Lizzie] That gentleman barely warrants the name.

那位绅士不配称为绅士

[Collins] It is my intention, if I may be so bold,

若不会太鲁莽,我希望

to remain close to you throughout the evening.

整晚都能跟妳在一起

May I have the next dance, Miss Elizabeth?

伊莉莎白小姐 能请妳跳下支舞吗?

You may.

可以

- Did I agree to dance with Mr Darcy? - I dare say you will find him amiable.

- 我同意跟达西先生跳舞吗? - 我敢说妳会觉得他很亲切

It would be most inconvenient since I've sworn to loathe him for all eternity.

我已发誓永远讨厌他 与他共舞实在很不方便

[# solo violin dance]

- [Lizzie] I love this dance. - [Darcy] lndeed. Most invigorating.

- 我喜欢这支舞 - 是的,很有精神

It is your turn to say something, Mr Darcy.

轮到你说些话了,达西先生

I talked about the dance.

我谈过这支舞?

Now you ought to remark on the size of the room or the number of couples.

现在你该谈谈 这房间有几对佳偶

I'm perfectly happy to oblige. What would you like most to hear?

我很乐意,妳最想听什麽?

That reply will do for present.

目前这个回答就够了

[Lizzie] Perhaps by and by I may observe

也许我会渐渐认为

that private balls are much pleasanter than public ones.

私人舞会比公共舞会愉快得多

For now, we may remain silent.

现在我们还是保持安静吧

[Darcy] Do you talk as a rule while dancing?

妳认为跳舞时说话 是种规矩吗?

No. No, I prefer to be unsociable and taciturn.

不,我情愿不要交际保持沉默

Makes it all so much more enjoyable, don't you think?

会更享受,你不觉得吗?

Tell me, do you and your sisters very often walk to Meryton?

妳和妳姊妹 常散步到美乐顿吗?

Yes, we often walk to Meryton.

是的,我们常去

It's a great opportunity to meet new people.

那是认识新朋友的好机会

When you met us, we'd just had the pleasure of forming a new acquaintance.

你遇到我们时 我们正在认识新朋友

Mr Wickham's blessed with such happy manners, he's sure of making friends.

维克先生 很幸运地拥有交友的天份

Whether he's capable of retaining them is less so.

是否能保持友谊就不一定了

He's been so unfortunate as to lose your friendship. That is irreversible?

他很不幸地失去你的友谊 这点无法改变吗?

- It is. Why do you ask such a question? - To make out your character.

- 是的,妳为何这麽问? - 好认清你的个性

- What have you discovered? - Very little.

- 妳发现了什麽? - 非常少

I hear such different accounts of you as puzzle me exceedingly.

我听到的是完全不同的你 让我非常迷惑

I hope to afford you more clarity in the future.

希望将来我能让妳认清事实

[chattering]

- Is that Mr Darcy of Pemberley? - I believe so.

- 那是彭伯里的达西先生吗? - 是的

I must make myself known to him.

我一定要跟他认识

He's a nephew of my patroness, Lady Catherine.

他是我的赞助人 凯萨琳夫人的外甥

He will consider it an impertinence.

他会认为那很无礼

Mr Darcy.

达西先生

Mr Darcy.

达西先生

Mr Darcy. Good evening...

达西先生,晚安

What interesting relatives you have.

伊莉莎白小姐 妳的亲戚真有趣

[sings]

Mary, dear, you've delighted us long enough.

玛莉,妳弹得够久了

Let the other young ladies have a turn.

让其他小姐有点机会

[Bingley]...since I was a child, and then she died.

...我小时候她就死了

I have a beautiful grey.

我有匹美丽的灰马

Of course, Caroline's a much better rider than l, of course.

当然,卡洛琳的骑术比我好

Oh, yes. We fully expect a most advantageous marriage.

我们期待一桩最有益的婚姻

And my Jane, marrying so grand, must throw her sisters in the way.

而我的珍嫁得这麽好 对她的妹妹们一定有帮助

Clearly my family are seeing who can expose themselves to the most ridicule.

显然我的家人正在丢人现眼

- At least Bingley has not noticed. - No.

- 至少宾利先生没注意到 - 对

- I think he likes her very much. - But does she like him?

- 我想他非常喜欢她 - 但她喜欢他吗?

Few of us are secure enough to be in love without proper encouragement.

没有适当的鼓励 很少人敢坠入爱河?

Bingley likes her enormously,

宾利非常喜欢她

but might not do more if she does not help him on.

若珍没有帮忙他 可能不会有进展

She's just shy. If he cannot perceive her regard, he is a fool.

她只是害羞 若他没感觉,他就是傻瓜

We are all fools in love.

人在恋爱时都是傻瓜

He does not know her character as we do.

他不像我们这麽了解她

She should move fast and snap him up.

她该快点行动抓住他

There is plenty of time for us to get to know him afterwards.

将来还有很多时间认识他

[Caroline] I can't help feeling that someone's going to produce a piglet

我忍不住觉得 有人制造小猪

and make us chase it.

让我们来追

- Oh, dear! - I do apologise, sir.

- 老天 - 真是抱歉,先生

I'm awfully sorry. Do forgive me.

真抱歉,请原谅我

[lady] Emily, please!

爱蜜莉,拜托

Mary, my dear Mary. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

玛莉,我亲爱的玛莉 老天…

- I've been practising all week. - I know, my dear.

- 我练习了整个星期 - 我知道,亲爱的

[Mary] I hate balls.

我痛恨舞会

Mr Bennet, wake up.

班奈特先生,醒醒

[Mrs Bennet] Oh, I've never had such a good time!

我从没这麽开心过

Charles, you cannot be serious.

查尔斯,你不会是认真的

We'll have a wedding here in less than three months if you ask me, Mr Bennet.

我们三个月内一定会有婚礼 班奈特先生

Mr Bennet!

班奈特先生

Mary, please.

玛莉,拜托

[Mr Bennet] Thank you, Mr Hill.

谢谢你,希尔先生

Mrs Bennet, I was hoping, if it would not trouble you,

班奈特太太 若不会太麻烦

that I might solicit a private audience with Miss Elizabeth.

我想私下和伊莉莎白小姐谈谈

Oh, certainly, Lizzie would be very happy indeed.

当然好,伊莉莎白会很开心的

Everyone, out. Mr Collins would like a private audience with your sister.

大家出去,柯林斯先生 想私下和伊莉莎白说话

Wait, Mr Collins can have nothing to say to me that anybody need not hear.

等等,柯林斯要跟我说的话 大家都可以听

I desire you will stay where you are. Everyone else to the drawing room.

伊莉莎白,我要妳待在原处 其他人都到绘图室

- Mr Bennet. - But...

- 班奈特先生 - 但…

Now.

- Jane. Jane, don't... Jane! - Jane.

- 珍,别走…珍 - 珍

Papa, stay.

爸爸,留下来

Dear Miss Elizabeth,

亲爱的伊莉莎白小姐

My attentions have been too marked to be mistaken.

我的意图明显得不容误会

Almost as soon as I entered the house,

我几乎一进入这个房子

I singled you out as the companion of my future life.

就选妳为我未来的伴侣

But before I am run away with my feelings,

在我表达我的感情之前

perhaps I may state my reasons for marrying.

也许我该说明我结婚的理由

Firstly, that it is the duty of a clergyman

第一,这是神职人员的责任

to set the example of matrimony in his parish.

在他的教区立下婚姻的典范

Secondly, I am convinced it will add greatly to my happiness.

第二,我相信这能让我更快乐

And thirdly, that it is at the urging

第三,我所尊敬的赞助人

of my esteemed patroness, Lady Catherine,

凯萨琳夫人敦促我

that I select a wife.

要选个妻子

My object in coming to Longbourn was to choose such a one

我的目标是到龙柏园

from among Mr Bennet's daughters,

选择班奈特先生的女儿之一

for I am to inherit the estate

因为我将继承这片产业

and such an alliance will surely...

这种联姻当然

...suit everyone.

最适合对大家都好每个人

And now nothing remains but for me to assure you in the most animated language

现在我要以最生动的语言 向妳保证

- of the violence of my affections. - Mr Collins!

- 我激烈的情感 - 柯林斯先生

And no reproach on the subject of fortune

等我们婚後

- will cross my lips once we're married. - You forget I have given no answer.

- 我绝不会提起两家财富的差距 - 你太急了,我还没回应

Lady Catherine will thoroughly approve when I speak to her

等我向凯萨琳夫人报告 她一定会完全赞同?

of your modesty, economy and other amiable qualities.

妳的谦虚节俭 及其它可爱的特质

Sir, I am honoured by your proposal, but I regret that I must decline it.

先生,我对你的求婚感到光荣 但很遗憾我必须拒绝

I know ladies don't seek to seem too eager...

我知道小姐们不太热切…

Mr Collins, I am perfectly serious. You could not make me happy.

柯林斯先生,我是认真的 你不可能让我快乐

And I'm the last woman in the world who could make you happy.

我是全世界 最不可能让你幸福的女人

I flatter myself that your refusal is merely a natural delicacy.

我要自我贴金的认为 妳的拒绝是自然的矜持

Besides, despite manifold attractions,

而且,虽然妳很迷人

it is by no means certain another offer of marriage will ever be made to you.

但妳不可能曾经被其他人求婚过

I must conclude that you simply seek to increase my love by suspense,

我得认为妳只是吊我胃口 来增加我对妳的爱

according to the usual practice of elegant females.

- 先生 - 这是一些优雅女性的行为

I am not the sort of female to torment a respectable man.

先生 我不是那种爱折磨男人的女性

Please understand me, I cannot accept you.

请你了解,我不能接受你

[Lydia & Kitty laugh]

Headstrong, foolish child.

顽固的蠢孩子

Don't worry, Mr Collins. We'll have this little hiccup dealt with immediately.

别担心,柯林斯先生 我们会立刻处理这恼人的情况?

Lizzie. Lizzie!

伊莉莎白

Mr Bennet, we're all in an uproar!

班奈特先生,乱成一团了

You must come and make Lizzie marry Mr Collins.

你一定要叫伊莉莎白 嫁给柯林斯先生

Mr Collins has proposed to Lizzie,

柯林斯先生向她求婚

but she vowed she will not have him, and now the danger is

但她发誓不要他 现在麻烦的是

Mr Collins may not have Lizzie.

柯林斯可能会不要她了

- What am I to do? - Well, come and talk to her.

- 我该做什麽? - 去跟她谈谈

Now!

快点

- Tell her you insist they marry. - Papa, please.

- 告诉她你坚持他们成婚 - 爸爸,拜托

[Mrs Bennet] You will have this house and save your sisters from destitution.

妳将拥有这房子 并让妳的姊妹免於穷困

- I can't marry him. - Go and say you've changed your mind.

- 我不能嫁给他 - 去告诉他妳改变主意了

- Think of your family. - You cannot make me.

- 想想妳的家人 - 妳不能逼我

Mr Bennet, say something.

班奈特先生,说话啊

Your mother insists upon you marrying Mr Collins.

妳妈要妳嫁给柯林斯先生

Yes, or I shall never see her again.

对,否则我再也不要见到她

From this day onward, you must be a stranger to one of your parents.

从今天起 不是妳父亲就是母亲不认妳?

Who will maintain you when your father is dead?

妳父亲死後谁会养妳?

Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr Collins,

若妳不嫁柯林斯先生 妳妈就也不见妳

and I will never see you again if you do.

若妳嫁给他,我就再不见妳

Thank you, Papa.

谢谢你,爸爸

[Mrs Bennet] Ungrateful child! I shall never speak to you again.

忘恩负义的孩子 我再也不跟妳说话了

Not that I take much pleasure in talking.

反正说话也没给我多少乐趣

People who suffer as I do from nervous complaints

像我这样深受神经之苦的人?

can have no pleasure in talking to anybody.

跟任何人说话都毫无乐趣

Jane!

What's the matter? Jane?

怎麽了?珍?

I don't understand what would take him from Netherfield.

我不了解 为什麽他要离开尼日菲

Why does he not know when he'll return?

为什麽他不知道何时会回来?

Read it.

妳自己看吧

\"Mr Darcy is impatient to see his sister and we are scarcely less eager.

达西先生渴望见他妹妹 我们也很热切再见她

I do not think Georgiana Darcy has her equal for beauty,

我认为没有人 比乔琪娜达西美丽

elegance and accomplishment. I hope to call her hereafter my sister.\"

优雅及多才多艺 我希望以後能称她为妹妹

Is that not clear enough?

这还不够清楚吗?

Caroline sees her brother in love with you

卡洛琳知道她哥哥爱上妳

and has taken him off to persuade him otherwise.

要他离开 并劝他打消念头

But I know her to be incapable of wilfully deceiving anyone.

但我知道她无法欺骗任何人?

- It's more likely he does not love me. - He loves you. Do not give up.

- 这看来比较像他不爱我 - 他爱妳,不要放弃?

Go to our aunt and uncle's in London,

去找伦敦的姨父母

Iet it be known you are there and I am sure he will come to you.

让他们知道妳在那里 我相信他会去看妳

Give my love to my sister and try not to be a burden, dear.

跟我妹妹请安 尽量不要麻烦人家

[Mr Bennet] Poor Jane.

可怜的珍

Still, a girl likes to be crossed in love now and then.

但女孩偶尔总是会坠入爱河的

It gives her something to think of

让她有点东西可想

and a sort of distinction amongst her companions.

并让她与同伴有所不同

- I'm sure that will cheer her up, Papa. - It's your turn now, Lizzie.

- 我相信这会让她开心,爸爸 - 现在轮到妳了,伊莉莎白

You've turned down Collins.

妳拒绝了柯林斯

You're free to go off and be jilted yourself.

妳可以自由地恋爱或被抛弃

What about Mr Wickham?

维克先生如何?

He's a pleasant fellow and he'd do the job credibly.

他令人愉悦且认真工作

- Father... - And you have an affectionate mother

- 爸爸… - 妳还有个亲爱的母亲?

who would make the most of it.

会善加利用这点

- Charlotte! - My dear Lizzie.

- 夏绿蒂 - 我亲爱的伊莉莎白

I've come her to tell you the news. Mr Collins and I are... engaged.

我要告诉妳一件事 柯林斯先生和我…订婚了

- Engaged? - Yes.

- 订婚? - 是的

- To be married? - What other kind of engaged is there?

- 要结婚? - 当然,不然还有哪种订婚?

For heaven's sake, Lizzie, don't look at me like that.

看在老天份上,伊莉莎白 别那样看我

I should be as happy with him as any other.

我跟他应该会很快乐的

- But he's ridiculous. - Oh, hush.

- 但他很可笑 - 别太苛刻

Not all of us can afford to be romantic.

不是所有人都能享受浪漫

I've been offered a comfortable home and protection.

他提供我舒适的家和保护

There's a lot to be thankful for.

我已经充满感激了

I'm 27 years old. I've no money and no prospects.

我已经27岁 我没钱也没未来

I'm already a burden to my parents.

我已经是我父母的负担

And I'm frightened.

而且我很害怕

So don't judge me, Lizzie. Don't you dare judge me.

- 不要评断我,莉西 - 妳休想评断我

[Lizzie] Dear Charlotte, thank you for your letter.

亲爱的夏绿蒂 谢谢妳的来信

I'm glad the house, furniture and roads are to your taste,

我很高兴房子丶家俱 以及旅途,都合妳的品味

and that Lady Catherine's behaviour is friendly and obliging.

还有凯萨琳夫人友善又亲切

What with your departure, Jane's to London

妳离开後,珍到伦敦

and the militia to the North with the colourful Mr Wickham,

还有可爱的维克先生 随民兵团到北部

I must confess, the view from where I sit has been rather grey.

我得承认眼前的景色相当灰暗

As for the favour you ask, it is no favour at all.

至於妳的要求 根本不算什麽

I would be happy to visit you at your earliest convenience.

只要妳方便,我就去拜访妳

[Collins] Welcome to our humble abode.

欢迎光临寒舍

My wife encourages me to spend time in the garden for my health.

我太太鼓励我多花时间在花园 以保持健康

I think our guest is tired after her journey.

我想我们的客人旅途劳顿

I plan many improvements. I intend to throw out a bough and plant a lime walk.

还有很多地方要改善 丢掉粗树枝,弄些莱姆树步道

I flatter myself that any young lady would be happy

我想任何年轻女性都很乐意

to be the mistress of such a house.

成为这栋房子的女主人

We shan't be disturbed here.

在这里没人会打搅我们?

This parlour is for my own particular use.

这里属於我

Oh, Lizzie, it's such a pleasure to run my own home.

伊莉莎白 管理自己的家实在真好?

- [Collins] Charlotte, come here! - What's happened?

- 夏绿蒂,过来 - 怎麽了?

Has the pig escaped again? Oh, it's Lady Catherine.

猪又逃走了吗? 是凯萨琳夫人

Come and see, Lizzie.

伊莉莎白,来看看

[Collins] Great news.

好消息

We received an invitation to Rosings from Lady Catherine.

凯萨琳夫人今晚 邀我们到罗新庄园

How wonderful!

太好了

Do not make yourself uneasy about your apparel.

不要因为服装而不安

Just put on the best you've brought.

只要穿上妳带来最好的衣服

Lady Catherine's never been averse to the truly humble.

凯萨琳夫人 绝不会嫌弃真正的朴实

[Collins] One of the most extraordinary sights in all of Europe.

全欧洲最壮观的景象,对吧?

The glazing alone costs upwards of £20,000.

光是玻璃上釉就花了两万镑

Come along. Come along.

快点,快啊

[Lady Catherine] A little later we'll play cards.

我们稍晚玩牌

Your Ladyship.

夫人

Miss de Bourgh.

狄柏小姐

- So, you are Elizabeth Bennet? - I am, your Ladyship.

- 妳就是伊莉莎白班奈特? - 是的,夫人?

This is my daughter.

这是我女儿

- It's kind of you to ask us to dine. - The rug alone cost upwards of £300.

- 妳能邀我们晚餐可真好 - 光是地毯就花了三百镑

Mr Darcy.

达西先生

What are you doing here?

你在这里做什麽?

Mr Darcy, I had no idea we had the honour.

达西先生 我不知道我们有此荣幸

- Miss Elizabeth, I'm a guest here. - You know my nephew?

- 伊莉莎白小姐,我来作客 - 妳认识我外甥?

I had the pleasure of meeting your nephew in Hertfordshire.

我在哈福郡有幸见过他

Colonel Fitzwilliam. How do you do?

我是费兹威廉上校,你们好

Mr Collins, you can't sit next to your wife. Move. Over there.

柯林斯先生,你不该坐太太旁 移到那边

Harvey, I wonder, could you get me the fish course...

哈威,可以给我送鱼…

I trust your family is in good health, Miss Elizabeth?

伊莉莎白小姐 我相信妳家人都很健康吧?

They are, thank you.

是的,谢谢

My eldest sister is in London. Perhaps you saw her there.

我姊姊去伦敦,也许你见过她

I haven't been fortunate enough...

我没那麽幸运…

Do you play the pianoforte, Miss Bennet?

妳弹钢琴吗?班奈特小姐

- A little, ma'am, and very poorly. - Do you draw?

- 只会一点,弹得不好 - 会画画吗?

No, not at all.

一点也不会

Your sisters, do they draw?

妳的姊妹们画吗?

Not one.

都不会

That's very strange.

真奇怪

I suppose you had no opportunity.

我猜妳是没有机会

Your mother should've taken you to town for the benefit of the masters.

妳们的母亲该带妳们进城 找些好老师

My mother wouldn't have minded, but my father hates town.

我妈妈不会介意 但我爸爸讨厌城市

- Has your governess left you? - We never had a governess.

-妳们的女家庭教师离开了吗? -我们从没有请女家庭教师

No governess? Five daughters brought up at home without a governess?

没有家教? 没有家教,在家养大5个女儿

I never heard such a thing. Your mother must've been a slave to your education.

我从没听过这种事 令堂光是教育妳们一定忙坏了

Not at all, Lady Catherine.

一点也不会,凯萨琳夫人

Your younger sisters, are they out in society?

妳的妹妹们已进社交圈了吗?

- Yes, ma'am, all. - All?

- 是的,全部都是 - 全部?

What, all five out at once? That's very odd.

五个全部一起出来 真是奇怪

And you second. The younger ones out before the elders are married?

妳排老二 老大的还未婚,小的就出来?

Your youngest sisters must be very young.

妳最小的妹妹一定非常年轻

Yes, my youngest is not 1 6.

是的,最小的还不到十六岁

But it would be hard on younger sisters

但是妹妹们

not to have their amusement because the elder is still unmarried.

若因为姊姊未婚就不能娱乐 也太辛苦了

It would hardly encourage sisterly affection.

这会影响姊妹间的感情

Upon my word, you give your opinion very decidedly for so young a person.

这麽年轻 妳很勇於表达意见

Pray, what is your age?

妳多大年纪了?

With three younger sisters grown up, you can hardly expect me to own to it.

我三个妹妹已经长大成人 妳很难期待我坦承年纪

Come, Miss Bennet, and play for us.

班奈特小姐,为我们弹奏

- No, I beg you. - For music is my delight.

- 不,我求求妳 - 我最喜欢音乐

In fact, there are few people in England

事实上,英国很少有人

who have more true enjoyment of music.

像我这麽欣赏音乐

Or better natural taste.

或比我有品味

If I had ever learnt, I should've been a great proficient.

若我学过 我会是伟大的钢琴家

So would Anne, if her health would've allowed her.

安也一样 只要她的健康允许的话

I'm not afflicted with false modesty, when I say I play poorly...

夫人,我不是故做谦虚 我说我弹得不好时…

Come, Lizzie, her Ladyship demands it.

伊莉莎白,这是夫人的要求

How does Georgiana get along, Darcy?

达西,乔琪娜怎麽样?

- She plays very well. - I hope she practises.

- 她弹得很好 - 我希望她勤练习

No excellence can be acquired without constant practice.

持续的练习才能表现出色

I've told Mrs Collins this.

我告诉过柯林斯先生这点

Though you have no instrument, you're welcome to come to Rosings

妳自己没有乐器 随时欢迎到罗新庄园

and play on the pianoforte in the housekeeper's room.

到管家房间练习钢琴?

You'll be in nobody's way in that part of the house.

谢谢 在那边妳不会打扰到任何人

You mean to frighten me by coming in all your state to hear me.

达西先生 你靠近是要听音乐还是想吓唬我?

But I won't be alarmed, even if your sister does play so well.

但我并不怕 虽然妳妹妹弹得很好

I know that I cannot alarm you even should I wish it.

我知道 即使我想,我也吓不了妳

What was my friend like in Hertfordshire?

我的朋友在哈福郡的表现如何?

Prepare yourself for something very dreadful.

准备听些可怕的事

The first time I saw him, he danced with nobody,

第一次见到他时 他不肯跟任何人跳舞

though gentlemen were scarce

即使当时绅士很少

and there was more than one lady without a partner.

没有舞伴的不只一位女士

- I knew nobody beyond my own party. - Nobody can be introduced at a ball.

- 除了我朋友,我不认识任何人 - 大家在舞会中会互相介绍

[Lady Catherine] Fitzwilliam, I need you.

费兹威廉,我需要你

I do not have the talent

我没有那种天份

of conversing easily with people I have never met before.

和没见过的人轻易交谈

Perhaps you should take your aunt's advice and practise.

也许你该听你姨妈的忠告 勤於练习

[Lizzie] Dear Jane...

亲爱的珍…

Mr Darcy.

达西先生

Please, do be seated.

请坐

Mr and Mrs Collins have gone to the village.

柯林斯夫妇到村里去了

This is a charming house.

这房子很迷人

I believe my aunt did a great deal to it when Mr Collins first arrived.

我想柯林斯先生刚到这时 我姨妈大肆整修了一番

I believe so.

我想是的

She could not have bestowed her kindness on a more grateful subject.

她大概再也找不到 更会感谢她仁慈赠与的人

- Shall I call for some tea? - No, thank you.

- 你要喝点茶吗? - 不,谢谢

Good day, Miss Elizabeth, it's been a pleasure.

再见,伊莉莎白小姐 真是荣幸

What on earth have you done to poor Mr Darcy?

妳到底对可怜的达西先生怎麽了?

I have no idea.

我不知道

[Collins] Every mind must have some counsellor

每颗心都要有个谘询者

to whom it may apply for consolation in distress.

好在危难的时候求助

There are many conveniences which others can supply and we cannot procure.

我们也许有其它方便的选择

I have in view those objects

我已经观察过这些目标

which are only to be obtained through intercourse...

这些只能藉由性交获得…

Forgive me, through the intercourse of friendship or civility.

抱歉 我是指藉由友谊或礼貌的交际

On such occasions, the proud man steps forth to meet you not with cordiality,

在这种情况下 这人不是因热诚而接待你

but with the suspicion of one who reconnoitres an enemy...

而是带着怀疑 如同侦测敌人一般

- How long do you plan to stay? - As long as Darcy chooses.

- 你计画在此待多久? - 这要看达西

- I am at his disposal. - Everyone appears to be.

- 我听候他的差遣 - 显然大家都是

I wonder he does not marry and secure a lasting convenience of that kind.

不知道他怎麽还没结婚 好有人可以随时差遣

- She would be a lucky woman. - Really?

- 那她将会非常幸运 - 是吗?

Darcy is a most loyal companion.

达西是非常忠实的同伴

He recently came to the rescue of one of his friends.

在我们来此之前 他才及时拯救一个朋友

What happened?

怎麽回事?

He saved him from an imprudent marriage.

他让那位朋友避免一桩轻率的婚姻

Who's the man?

那个人是谁?

His closest friend, Charles Bingley.

他的好友查尔斯宾利

Did Mr Darcy give a reason for this interference?

达西对这样的干涉 提出任何理由吗?

There were apparently strong objections to the lady.

听说是反对那位小姐

What kind of objections? Her lack of fortune?

反对什麽?她没有钱吗?

I think it was her family that was considered unsuitable.

我想是她的家庭不太适合

- So he separated them? - I believe so. I know nothing else.

- 所以他就拆散他们? - 我想是的,我只知道这些

Miss Elizabeth.

伊莉莎白小姐

I have struggled in vain and can bear it no longer.

我挣扎许久,再也无法忍受

These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings only to see you.

过去的几个月真是种折磨 我到罗新庄园只是为了见妳

I have fought against judgement, my family's expectation,

我违背了我的判断力 家人的期望

the inferiority of your birth, my rank.

妳的出身低微,我的阶级

I will put them aside and ask you to end my agony.

我全都抛在一旁 请妳结束我的痛苦

- I don't understand. - I love you.

- 我不明白 - 我爱妳

Most ardently.

非常爱妳

Please do me the honour of accepting my hand.

请接受我

Sir, I appreciate the struggle you have been through,

先生 我很感激你经历的这些挣扎

and I am very sorry to have caused you pain.

我很抱歉,造成你的痛苦

It was unconsciously done.

但相信我,我是无心的

- Is this your reply? - Yes, sir.

- 这是妳的回答吗? - 是的,先生

- Are you laughing at me? - No.

- 妳在…嘲笑我吗? - 不

Are you rejecting me?

妳是拒绝我吗?

I'm sure the feelings which hindered your regard will help you overcome it.

我相信你的无情 很快就能克服这个痛苦

Might I ask why with so little civility I am thus repulsed?

请问为什麽 要这样无礼地拒绝我?

I might enquire why you told me you liked me against your better judgement?

我也要请问你为什麽说 喜欢我不是好的判断?

If I was uncivil, then that is some excuse.

若我很粗鲁,也是情有可原

- But you know I have other reasons. - What reasons?

- 我有其它原因 - 什麽原因?

Do you think anything might tempt me to accept the man who has ruined

你认为我能接受?

the happiness of a most beloved sister?

毁了我挚爱姊姊幸福的人吗?

Do you deny that you separated a young couple who loved each other,

妳能否认妳拆散 一对彼此相爱的佳偶

exposing your friend to censure for caprice

让你的朋友因善变而受指责

and my sister to derision for disappointed hopes,

让我姊姊因空想而被嘲弄

involving them both in acute misery?

让他们两人都身受痛苦吗?

- I do not deny it. - How could you do it?

- 我并不否认 - 你怎能这麽做?

I believed your sister indifferent to him.

因为我认为妳姊姊对他很冷淡

I realised his attachment was deeper than hers.

我知道他对她的爱慕多过於她

She's shy!

这是因为她害羞

Bingley was persuaded she didn't feel strongly.

宾利认为她对他的感情不够深

- You suggested it. - For his own good.

- 是你建议的 - 我是为他好

My sister hardly shows her true feelings to me.

我姊姊连对我 都很少表达真正的感情

I suppose his fortune had some bearing?

我猜他的财富也有些关系?

I wouldn't do your sister the dishonour.

我不会这样侮辱令姊

- It was suggested... - What was?

- 我只是建议… - 什麽?

It was clear an advantageous marriage...

显然这是桩有利的婚姻…

- Did my sister give that impression? - No!

- 我姊姊给你那种印象吗? - 不…

- No. There was, however, your family... - Our want of connection?

- 不,但是妳的家庭… - 我们缺乏上流社会的关系?

- No, it was more than that. - How, sir?

- 不,不只那个 - 什麽呢?

The lack of propriety shown by your mother, younger sisters and your father.

令堂令妹表现出的礼仪不当 甚至令尊…

Forgive me. You and your sister I must exclude from this.

请原谅我 妳和令姊并不在其中

And what about Mr Wickham?

那麽维克先生呢?

Mr Wickham?

维克先生?

What excuse can you give for your behaviour?

你对自己的行为有什麽藉口?

- You take an eager interest. - He told me of his misfortunes.

- 妳似乎十分关心 - 他告诉我他的不幸

- Oh, they have been great. - You ruin his chances

- 他的确太不幸了 - 你毁了他的机会

yet treat him with sarcasm.

还这样讽刺他

So this is your opinion of me?

这就是妳对我的看法?

Thank you. Perhaps these offences might have been overlooked

谢谢妳的详尽解释。 妳现在对我的指责,

had not your pride been hurt by my scruples about our relationship.

是怪我对我们关系游移不定, 而伤害了妳的自尊心

I am to rejoice in the inferiority of your circumstances?

要我为妳的处境高兴?

And those are the words of a gentleman.

这是一位绅士说的话吗?

Your arrogance and conceit, your selfish disdain for the feelings of others

我初见你时,你的傲慢自大 以及对其他人感情的鄙视

made me realise you were the last man in the world I could ever marry.

让我了解就算世上只剩 你一个,我也不会嫁给你

Forgive me, madam, for taking up so much of your time.

请原谅我,浪费妳这麽多时间

I came to leave you this.

我拿这个来给妳

I shall not renew the sentiments which were so disgusting to you.

我不会再提起 让妳厌恶恶心之事?

But if I may, I will address the two offences you have laid against me.

但请容许我解释 妳加诸在我身上的两项罪名

My father loved Mr Wickham as a son.

家父爱维克先生如子

He left him a generous living. But upon my father's death,

他遗留给他丰厚的谋生方式 但家父一死

Mr Wickham announced he had no intention of taking orders.

维克先生便宣布 无意接受神职

He demanded the value of the living, which he'd gambled away within weeks.

他要求等值的金钱 并在数周内就赌博输尽

He then wrote, demanding more money, which I refused.

然後他写信来要求更多金钱 而我拒绝了

After which, he severed all acquaintance.

之後,他离开所有的旧识

He came back to see us last summer, and declared passionate love for my sister,

他去年夏天回来看我们 并宣称他深爱舍妹

whom he tried to persuade to elope with him.

还说服她与他私奔

She is to inherit £30, 000.

因为她将继承三万镑

When it was made clear he would never receive a penny of it, he disappeared.

等他明白他将无法染指分文 他就消失无踪

I will not attempt to convey the depth of Georgiana's despair.

我不想表达乔琪娜有多绝望

She was 15 years old.

她那时才十五岁

As to the other matter, of your sister and Mr Bingley,

至於另一件事 关於令姊与宾利先生

though the motives which governed me may appear insufficient,

虽然我的动机似乎不够充份

they were in the service of a friend.

那只是为了朋友着想

Lizzie.

伊莉莎白

Are you all right?

妳还好吗?

I hardly know.

我不知道

Lizzie. How fortunate you have arrived.

伊莉莎白,妳回来了真好

Your aunt and uncle are here to deliver Jane from London.

妳姨父母从伦敦送珍回来

- How is Jane? - She's in the drawing room.

- 珍还好吗? - 她在绘画室

I'm quite over him. If he passed me in the street, I'd hardly notice.

我已忘了他,若他和我在街上 擦身而过,我也不会注意到

London is so diverting. It's true.

伦敦实在很有趣,真的

There's so much to entertain.

有好多事可以消遣

What news from Kent?

肯特郡有什麽事?

Nothing.

没什麽

At least not much to entertain.

至少没什麽可消遣的

Lizzie, tell Mama!

伊莉莎白,告诉妈妈

Stop making such a fuss.

小凯,别再闹了

- Why didn't she ask me as well? - Because I'm better company.

- 她为什麽不也问我? - 因为我较好相处

- What's the matter? - I've just as much right.

- 怎麽回事? - 我也是

Let's all go.

我们全都去

Lydia's been invited to Brighton with the Forsters.

福斯特家族邀莉蒂亚 一起去白莱顿

Sea-bathing would set me up nicely.

海水浴会对我有益

I shall dine with the officers every night.

我每天晚上都能和军官晚餐

Papa, don't let her go.

爸爸,别让她去?

Lydia will never be easy until she's exposed herself in some public place.

莉蒂亚要在公开场合才会自在

And we could never expect her to do it with so little inconvenience.

这里这麽不便 她永远不会自在

If you do not check her,

若你不看着她

she'll be fixed as the silliest flirt who ever made her family ridiculous.

她会像个愚蠢浪荡女 并让她的家族蒙羞

And Kitty will follow, as always.

小凯会跟着她

Lizzie, we shall have no peace until she goes.

伊莉莎白 她离开我们才能安静度日

Is that really all you care about?

你只在乎这一点吗?

Colonel Forster is a sensible man.

福斯特上校很理性?

He will keep her out of any real mischief.

他不会让她惹上真正的麻烦

And she's too poor to be an object of prey to anyone.

而且她穷得不可能成为猎物

It's dangerous.

爸爸,这太危险了

I am certain the officers will find women better worth their while.

我确信那些军官 会找到更值得的女人

Let us hope, in fact, that her stay in Brighton

事实上让我们希望 她在白莱顿这段时间

will teach her her own insignificance.

能让她明白自己的卑微

At any rate, she can hardly grow any worse.

这样她就不会变得更糟?

If she does, we'd be obliged to lock her up for the rest of her life.

若她变本加厉 我们就得一辈子锁着她

Lizzie, you're welcome to accompany us.

伊莉莎白,欢迎妳跟我们去

The Peak District is not Brighton.

皮克区不是白莱顿

Officers are thin on the ground which may influence your decision.

军官很少 也许会影响妳的决定

Come to the Peak District with us, Lizzie, and get some fresh air.

伊莉莎白,跟我们到皮克区 呼吸新鲜空气?

The glories of nature. What are men compared to rocks and mountains?

欣赏大自然的奥妙 男人怎麽和岩石高山相比呢?

Men are either eaten up with arrogance or stupidity.

男人不是傲慢就是愚蠢

If they are amiable, they have no minds of their own.

若他们亲切友善 就是另有所图

Take care, my love. That savours strongly of bitterness.

小心点,亲爱的 这话听来非常尖酸刻薄

I saw Mr Darcy when I was at Rosings.

我在罗新庄园时遇到达西先生

[Jane] Why did you not tell me?

妳之前为什麽没告诉我?

Did he mention Mr Bingley?

他提起过宾利先生吗?

No.

[Lizzie] No, he did not.

没,他没提

[Mr Gardiner] Oh, what are men compared to rocks and mountains?

哦 男人怎麽和岩石和高山相比?

[Mrs Gardiner] Or carriages that work?

或跟能用的马车相比?

[Lizzie] Where exactly are we?

我们到底在哪?

[Mrs Gardiner] Quite close to Pemberley.

我想应该很接近彭伯里

- Mr Darcy's home? - That's the fellow.

-达西先生的家? -就是他

[Mr Gardiner] Very well-stocked lake. I've a hankering to see it.

鱼产丰富的湖,我很想看看

Oh, no, let's not.

不,不要吧?

Well, he's so...

他很…

I'd rather not, he's so... he's so...

我情愿不要,他很…

- So what? - So rich.

- 很怎样? - 很有钱

By heavens, Lizzie, what a snob you are!

老天,莉西,妳真势利

Objecting to Mr Darcy because of his wealth. The poor man can't help it.

因达西先生的财富而反对他 那可怜人也没办法

He won't be there anyway. These great men are never at home.

反正他也不在 这些大人物从来不在家

Keep up.

快跟上来

- Is your master much at home? - Not as much as I would wish.

- 主人常在家吗? - 不像我希望的那麽常

[housekeeper] He dearly loves it here.

他非常喜爱这里

[Mrs Gardiner] If he should marry, you might see more of him.

若他结婚 可能就比较常见到他

[housekeeper] He's a lot like his father.

他很像他的父亲

[housekeeper] When my husband was ill, Mr Darcy couldn't do enough.

我丈夫生病时 达西先生出了许多力

[housekeeper] He just organised the servants for me.

他帮我请仆人??

This is he, Mr Darcy.

这就是他,达西先生

A handsome face.

很英俊

Lizzie, is it a true likeness?

伊莉莎白,雕像跟他像吗?

Does the young lady know Mr Darcy?

这位小姐认识达西先生?

Only a little.

不是很熟

Do you not think him a handsome man, miss?

小姐,妳不觉得他英俊吗?

Yes.

他很英俊

Yes, I dare say he is.

是的,他的确英俊

This is his sister, Miss Georgiana.

这位是他妹妹,乔琪娜小姐

She sings and plays all day long.

她整天唱歌弹琴

Is she at home?

她在家吗?

[piano plays]

Miss Elizabeth.

伊莉莎白小姐

- I thought you were in London. - No.

- 我以为你在伦敦 - 不

No, I'm not.

不,我不在

No.

- We would not have come... - I came back a day early...

- 我们不会来… - 我提早一天回来

I'm with my aunt and uncle.

我跟姨父母一起来

And are you having a pleasant trip?

这趟旅行愉快吗?

Very pleasant.

非常愉快

- Tomorrow we go to Matlock. - Tomorrow?

- 明天我们要去梅洛克 - 明天?

- Are you staying at Lambton? - Yes, at the Rose and Crown.

- 你们住在兰顿吗? - 对,在玫瑰与皇冠旅馆

Yes.

是的

I'm so sorry to intrude.

很抱歉打扰了

They said the house was open for visitors. I had no idea.

听说这庄园对外开放 我不知道…

- May I see you back to the village? - No.

- 我可以到村子里见妳吗? - 不

- I'm very fond of walking. - Yes.

- 我很喜欢到处散步 - 是的

Yes, I know.

对,我知道

Goodbye, Mr Darcy.

再见,达西先生

[man] This way, sir.

先生,这边

Are you sure you wouldn't like to join us?

你真的不加入我们吗?

We've just met Mr Darcy. You didn't tell us that you'd seen him.

伊莉莎白,我们刚遇到达西先生 妳没说你们见过面了

He's asked us to dine with him tomorrow. He was very civil, was he not?

他请我们明天与他共餐 他非常有礼貌,对吧?

- Very civil. - Not at all how you'd painted him.

- 非常有礼貌 - 一点都不像妳所说的

To dine with him?

跟他共餐?

There's something pleasant about his mouth when he speaks.

他说话时令人觉得愉快

You don't mind delaying our journey another day?

妳不介意延迟一天的行程吧?

He particularly wants you to meet his sister.

他特别希望妳见见他妹妹

His sister.

他妹妹

Miss Elizabeth!

伊莉莎白小姐

My sister, Miss Georgiana.

我妹妹乔琪娜

My brother has told me so much about you,

我哥哥跟我说过好多妳的事?

- I feel as if we are friends already. - Thank you.

- 我觉得我们早就是朋友了 - 谢谢

- What a beautiful pianoforte. - My brother gave it to me.

- 好漂亮的钢琴 - 我哥哥给我的

- He shouldn't have. - I should have.

- 他不该这样的 - 应该的

- Very well then. - Easily persuaded, is she not?

- 好吧 - 她非常容易被说服,是吧?

He once had to put up with my playing.

妳可怜的哥哥 曾经忍受我整晚的演奏

- He says you play so well. - Then he has perjured himself.

- 他说妳弹得非常好 - 那他就是自欺欺人

- I said \"quite well\". - \"Quite well\" is not \"very well\".

- 我是说相当好 - 相当好不是非常好

I'm satisfied.

我很满意

- Mr Gardiner, are you fond of fishing? - Very much.

- 迦德纳先生,你喜欢钓鱼吗? - 非常喜欢

Would you accompany me to the lake this afternoon?

下午愿意陪我到湖边吗?

Its occupants have been left in peace too long.

鱼群在那边安居太久了

- I would be delighted. - Do you play duets, Miss Elizabeth?

- 我非常乐意 - 伊莉莎白小姐,妳会弹双重奏吗?

- Only when forced. - Brother, you must force her.

- 只有被逼时 - 哥哥,你必须逼迫她

[Mr Gardiner] Splendid fishing, good company. What a capital fellow.

钓鱼技术高超,好同伴 真是个好家伙

[Mrs Gardiner] Thank you so much, Mr Darcy.

达西先生,真是谢谢你

A letter for you, madam.

小姐,妳的信

Oh, it's from Jane.

是珍写来的

It is the most dreadful news.

非常可怕的消息

Lydia has run away...

莉蒂亚跑了

...with Mr Wickham.

跟维克先生私奔

They are gone to Lord knows where.

不知去了哪里

She has no money, no connections. I fear she is lost forever.

她没钱没势 我怕她会永远失踪

This is my fault.

这是我的错

If only I had exposed Wickham when I should.

我该早点揭发维克的真面目

No, this is my fault.

不,这是我的错

I might have prevented all this by being open with my sisters.

若我能跟我姊妹们讨论 这件事就不会发生了

[Mrs Gardiner] Has anything been done to recover her?

有没有人去找她?

My father has gone to London, but I know nothing can be done.

我爸去伦敦了 但我知道没有用

We have not the smallest hope.

我们没希望了

Would I could help you.

我能帮忙吗?

Sir, I think it is too late.

先生,我想已经太迟了

This is grave indeed. I will leave you. Goodbye.

这的确很严重 我先离开了,再见

[Mr Gardiner] We must go at once.

恐怕我们必须立刻出发

I will join Mr Bennet and find Lydia before she ruins the family.

我得在莉蒂亚毁了家族名声前 帮班奈特先生一起找她

[Mrs Bennet] Why did the Forsters let her out of their sight?

福斯特家 怎麽会让她跑掉?

I always said they were unfit to take charge of her.

我总是说他们管不住她

- And now she is ruined. - You are all ruined.

-现在她毁了 -妳们全都毁了

Who will take you now with a fallen sister?

有个堕落的妹妹 现在谁敢要妳们?

Poor Mr Bennet will now have to fight the perfidious Wickham

可怜的班奈特先生必须 和背信忘义的维克决斗

and then be killed.

然後送命

He hasn't found him yet, Mama.

妈妈,他还没找到他

Mr Collins will turn us out before he is cold.

柯林斯先生会在他尸骨未寒前 把我们撵出房子

Do not be so alarmed. Our uncle is in London helping in the search.

不要这麽惊慌 姨父在伦敦帮忙找人了

Lydia must know what this must be doing to my nerves.

莉蒂亚一定知道 这对我的神经会有什麽影响

Such flutterings and spasms all over me!

我不安又全身痉挛

My baby Lydia, my baby!

我的宝贝莉蒂亚,我的宝贝

How could she do such a thing to her poor mama?

她怎能对她可怜的妈妈 做出这种事?

- You can't do that! - Don't be such a baby.

- 妳不能那样 - 别这麽孩子气了

- Kitty, give it to me. - Who's it for?

- 小凯,给我 - 写给谁的?

It's addressed to Papa.

上面写着爸爸

It's in Uncle's writing.

是姨父的字

Papa, there's a letter.

爸爸,有你的信

- Let me catch my breath. - It's in Uncle's writing.

- 让我喘口气 - 是姨父写来的

- He's found them. - Are they married?

- 他找到他们了 - 他们结婚了吗?

- I can't make out his script. - Give it to me.

- 我看不清楚他的草书 - 给我

Are they married?

他们结婚了吗?

They will be if Father settles £1 00 a year on her. That is his condition.

他的条件是 如果爸爸一年给她一百镑就娶她

- You will agree to this, Father? - Of course.

- 爸爸,你同意吧? - 当然?

God knows how much your uncle must've laid on that wretched man.

谁知道你姨父花了多少钱 在那卑鄙的人身上

What do you mean?

是什麽意思?

No man would marry Lydia

没有人会娶莉蒂亚

under so slight a temptation as £1 00 a year.

只为了一年区区一百镑

Your uncle must've been very generous.

妳姨父一定非常慷慨

Do you think it a large sum?

妳认为是一大笔数目吗?

Wickham's a fool if he accepts less than £1 0,000.

维克若没要到一万镑 就是个傻瓜

- Heaven forbid! - Father!

- 一万,老天 - 爸爸

Lydia married and at 1 5 too!

莉蒂亚结婚了,而且才十五岁

Ring the bell, Kitty.

快敲铃,小凯

I must put on my things and tell Lady Lucas. Oh, to see her face.

我要快打扮并告诉路卡斯夫人 看看她的表情

Tell the servants they will have a bowl of punch.

告诉仆人他们可以喝点酒

- We should thank our uncle. - So he should help.

- 我们该感谢我们的姨父 - 他本来就该帮忙

He's far richer than us and has no children. Daughter married!

他比我们有钱又没有小孩 女儿嫁了

Is that really all you think about?

妳真的只想这些事吗?

When you have five daughters, tell me what else will occupy your thoughts.

当妳有5个女儿 告诉我妳还会想些什麽事

Then perhaps you'll understand.

那样妳就了解了

You don't know what he's like.

但妳不晓得他是个怎样的人

- Lydia! - Oh, Mama!

- 莉蒂亚 - 妈妈

We passed Sarah Sims in her carriage.

我们和莎拉西姆的马车 擦身而过

So I took off my glove so she might see the ring.

我就脱下手套让她看我的戒指

Then I bowed and smiled like anything...

然後我点头微笑

I'm sure she was not half as radiant as you, my dear.

我相信她没有你漂亮 亲爱的

You must all go to Brighton.

妳们一定要到白莱顿?

That is the place to get husbands. I hope you have half my good luck.

那里是找丈夫的好地方 希望妳们有我一半的幸运

Lydia.

莉蒂亚

I want to hear every little detail, Lydia, dear.

我要听每个小细节 莉蒂亚,亲爱的

I've been enlisted in a regiment in the North of England.

我已接到 北英格兰民兵团的徵召

Glad to hear it.

很高兴听到这点

Near Newcastle. We travel there next week.

靠近新堡,我们下星期出发

- Can I come and stay with you? - That is out of the question.

- 我能跟你们一起去吗? - 绝对不行

[Lydia] Monday morning came and I was in such a fuss.

星期一早上时,我还一团乱

I don't want to hear.

我不想听

[Lydia] There was my aunt preaching away as if reading a sermon.

姨妈一直说教 好像在念什麽讲道篇

- She was horrid unpleasant. - Can't you understand why?

- 她令人害怕 - 妳还不明白吗?

But I didn't hear a word because I was thinking of my dear Wickham.

但我全都没听进去 因为我在想我亲爱的维克

I longed to know if he'd be married in his bluecoat.

我想知道他是否穿蓝外套结婚

The North of England, I believe, boasts some spectacular scenery.

我相信北英格兰 有些特殊的景观

So I thought, who is to be our best man if he doesn't come back?

我想若他没有回来 谁要当我们的伴郎?

Lucky, he did, or I would've had to ask Mr Darcy.

还好他回来了 否则我就得请达西先生了

- Mr Darcy! - I forgot!

- 达西先生? - 我忘了

- But I shouldn't have said a word. - Mr Darcy was at your wedding?

- 我不该说的 - 达西先生参加了妳的婚礼?

He was the one that discovered us.

是他找到我们的

He paid for the wedding, Wickham's commission, everything.

婚礼,维克的官职等一切 都是他付的钱

But he told me not to tell.

但他叫我不要说

- Mr Darcy? - Stop it, Lizzie.

- 达西先生? - 住嘴,莉西

Mr Darcy's not half as high and mighty as you sometimes.

达西先生 有时候没那麽高高在上

Kitty, have you seen my ring?

小凯,看到我的戒指没?

Write to me often, my dear.

常写些信,亲爱的

Married women never have much time for writing.

已婚的妇人 没多少时间可以写信

I dare say you won't.

我敢说妳没有

When I married your father, there didn't seem to be enough hours in the day.

我嫁给妳爸爸时 一天的时间好像都不够用

My sisters may write to me, for they'll have nothing else to do.

我的姊妹们可以写信给我 反正她们也没其它事好做

One seems so forlorn without them.

少了她们大概会好孤单

- Goodbye. - Goodbye, Lydia. Goodbye, Mr Wickham.

- 再见 - 再见,莉蒂亚,再见,维克先生

Bye, Kitty. Bye, Papa.

再见,小凯 再见,爸爸

I can't imagine what your father does with all that ink.

我想不出 妳爸要那麽多墨水做什麽

Mrs Bennet.

班奈特太太?

Did you hear the news, madam? Mr Bingley is returning to Netherfield.

夫人,妳听说没? 宾利先生要回尼日菲了

Mrs Nichols is ordering a haunch of pork. She expects him tomorrow.

尼可斯太太订了猪肉 她期待明天会见到他

Tomorrow?

明天?

Not that I care. Mr Bingley's nothing to us.

我才不在乎 宾利先生跟我们无关

I'm sure I never want to see him again, no.

我相信我再也不想见到他

We shan't mention a word about it. Is it quite certain he's coming?

我们不该说半句话的 他真的会回来吗?

Yes, madam. I believe he's alone. His sister remains in town.

是的,我相信他单独回来 他妹妹还留在城里

Why he thinks we should be interested, I've no idea. Come along, girls.

不知他怎麽以为我们有兴趣 女孩们,走吧

We better go home at once and tell Mr Bennet.

我们必须立刻回家 并告诉班奈特先生

The impudence of the man. I wonder he dare show his face.

那个厚脸皮的人 怎麽还敢出现

It's all right, Lizzie.

没事的,伊莉莎白

I'm just glad he's alone because we shall see less of him.

我很高兴他单独回来 因为我们不会常见到他

Not that I'm afraid of myself. But I dread other people's remarks.

我是不怕 我担心别人说闲话

Oh, I'm sorry.

对不起?

[humming]

He's here. He's here. He's at the door.

他来了,他来了,他在门口

- Mr Bingley! - Mr Bingley?

- 宾利先生 - 宾利先生?

Oh, my goodness! Everybody behave naturally.

我的天,大家自然一点

And whatever you do, do not appear overbearing.

无论做什麽,别太做作

There's someone with him. Mr Whatsisname, the pompous one.

还有人跟他一起 那个自大的家伙?

[Mrs Bennet] Mr Darcy? The insolence of it. What does he think of, coming here?

达西先生吗?真是蛮横无礼 他在想什麽,居然到这来?

Keep still, Jane. Mary, put that away at once. Find some useful employment.

珍,别动,玛莉,立刻把那拿走 找个有用的仆人

Oh, my Lord, I shall have a seizure, I'm sure I shall.

我的天,我要发病了 我确信我要病了

Kitty.

小凯

- We can't have this here. - Mary, the ribbons, the ribbons.

- 这不能放在这 - 玛莉,缎带,缎带

Mary, sit down at once. Mary!

玛莉,立刻坐下,玛莉

Mr Darcy and Mr Bingley, ma'am.

达西先生和宾利先生

[Mrs Bennet] How glad we are to see you, Mr Bingley.

宾利先生,真高兴见到你

There have been many changes since you went away.

你离开之後,发生了许多事

Miss Lucas is married and settled. And one of my own daughters too.

路卡斯小姐结婚安顿下来 我的一个女儿也出嫁了

You will have seen it in the papers,

你在报上应该会看到

though it was not put in as it ought to have been.

虽然刊登地不像平常那样

Very short. Nothing about her family.

非常简短 没有提到她的家庭

Yes, I did hear of it. I offer my congratulations.

是的,我听说了 容我献上恭贺之意

But it is very hard to have my Lydia taken away from me.

但是让莉蒂亚离开我 让我很难过

Mr Wickham has been transferred to Newcastle, wherever that is.

维克先生被调到新堡 不知那是哪里

Will you stay long in the country?

你会在乡间久住吗?

Just a few weeks. For the shooting.

只待几个星期,为了打猎

When you've killed all your own birds,

若你打完自己的鸟

I beg you will come here and shoot as many as you please.

请到我们这里来猎鸟 爱猎多少随你高兴

Mr Bennet will be vastly happy to oblige and will save the best coveys for you.

班奈特先生一定很乐意 将最好的都留给你

Excellent.

好极了

- Are you well, Mr Darcy? - Quite well, thank you.

- 达西先生,你好吗? - 相当好,谢谢

I hope the weather stays fine for your sport.

希望天气不错,让你们好打猎

- I return to town tomorrow. - So soon?

- 我明天就回城里去 - 这麽快?

My Jane looks well, does she not?

我的珍看来不错,是吧?

She does indeed.

的确是的

Well, we must be going, I think.

我想我们该走了

Darcy. It's been very pleasant to see you all again.

达西 很高兴能再见到妳们

Miss Elizabeth. Miss Bennet.

伊莉莎白小姐,班奈特小姐

You must come again.

请务必再来

Last winter, you promised to have a family dinner with us.

去年冬天 你答应跟我们家一同聚餐

I've not forgot, you see. At least three courses.

我还没忘记,至少三道菜

Excuse me.

失陪

[Mrs Bennet] Most extraordinary.

真是的

We were going to walk in and she was going to say, \"Sit down.\"

我们走进去时 她本来要说坐下的

So, I feel...

我觉得…

Oh, it's a disaster, isn't it?

真凄惨,是吧?

It's been...

当时…

- Miss Bennet. - Mr Bingley.

- 班奈特小姐 - 宾利先生

I'll just go in and I'll just say it.

我只要进去并且开口

Yes, exactly.

是的,没错

I'm glad that's over. Now we can meet as indifferent acquaintances.

很高兴都结束了 现在见面可以像普通朋友

Oh, yes.

是啊

You cannot think me so weak as to be in danger now.

不要以为我那麽软弱 现在还会有什麽危险

You are in great danger of making him as much in love with you as ever.

我想妳有极大的危险 因为他还非常爱妳

- I'm sorry he came with Mr Darcy. - Don't say that.

- 很可惜他是跟达西先生一起来 - 别那麽说

Why ever not?

为什麽?

Jane.

- I've been so blind. - What do you mean?

- 我太盲目 - 是什麽意思?

[Kitty] Look, it's him. He's back. He's come again.

快看,是他,他又回来了

I know this is all very untoward,

我知道这很不适当

but I would like to request the privilege of speaking to Miss Bennet.

但我希望和班奈特小姐谈谈

Alone.

单独地谈

Everybody to the kitchen immediately.

所有人立刻到厨房去

Except you, Jane, dear, of course.

当然妳除外,珍

Oh, Mr Bingley, it's so good to see you again so soon.

宾利先生 这麽快又见到你真好

First, I must tell you I've been the most unmitigated and comprehensive ass.

首先我要告诉妳 我彻头彻尾是个大笨蛋

Kitty, be quiet.

小凯,安静

Yes.

愿意

A thousand times yes.

一千个愿意

Thank the Lord for that. I thought it would never happen.

感谢主 我还以为永远不会发生了

I am confident they will do well together.

我相信他们在一起会很幸福

Their tempers are much alike.

他们个性相似

They will be cheated assiduously by their servants.

他们会被仆人欺骗愚弄

And be so generous with the rest, they will always exceed their income.

而且他们非常慷慨 大概会总是入不敷支

Exceed their income? He has 5,000 a year.

入不敷支?他一年有五千镑

I knew she did not be so beautiful for nothing.

我就知道她的美貌会有用的

[Mary] \"...must be free from all insincerity.

…必须避免言行不一

She only can address herself effectually to the feelings of others

她只能有效地 专注於他人的感情

whose mind glows with the warmth of sensibility

她因理性的温暖而容光焕发

and whose arguments result from conviction.

她的主张来自於信念

She must feel the influence of those passions and emotions

她一定感受到 热情与情感的影响

which she wishes to inspire...\"

她希望藉此能激发…

Can you die of happiness?

有人因快乐而死吗?

He was ignorant of my being in town in the spring.

春天时他感觉不到我的存在

- How did he account for it? - He thought me indifferent.

- 他有什麽藉口? - 他以为我很冷淡

- Unfathomable. - No doubt poisoned by his sister.

- 真难以理解 - 无疑是被他妹妹洗脑

Bravo. That's the most unforgiving speech you've ever made.

好耶 这是妳说过最毒的话了

Oh, Lizzie, if I could but see you so happy.

伊莉莎白 我好希望也能看到妳这麽快乐

If there was such a man for you.

真希望妳能找到适合妳的人

Perhaps Mr Collins has a cousin.

也许柯林斯先生有什麽表亲

[horses]

- 什麽声音? - 什麽?

- What is that? - What?

- [knocking] - Maybe he's changed his mind.

也许他改变主意了

Coming!

来了

Yes.

什麽事?

Lady Catherine.

凯萨琳夫人?

The rest of your offspring, I presume?

我猜这些是你女儿吧?

All but one. The youngest has been lately married, your Ladyship.

少了一位 最年轻的最近出嫁了,夫人

My eldest was proposed to only this afternoon.

而我大女儿今天下午刚接受求婚

- You have a very small garden. - Could I offer you a cup of tea?

- 你们的花园很小 - 需要喝杯茶吗?

Absolutely not. I need to speak to Miss Elizabeth Bennet alone.

绝对不要 我要单独和伊莉莎白小姐谈谈

As a matter of urgency.

这是紧急事件?

You can be at no loss to understand why I am here.

妳知道我为什麽来

I cannot account for this honour at all.

我想不出来怎有这种荣幸

I warn you, I am not to be trifled with.

班奈特小姐 我警告妳,不要耍我

A most alarming report has reached me.

我听到一个惊人的消息

That you intend to be united with my nephew, Mr Darcy.

妳有意与我外甥 达西先生联姻

I know this to be a falsehood. Though not wishing to injure him

我知道这是谎言 我不想信以为真而伤害他

by supposing it possible, I instantly set off to make my sentiments known.

妳应该了解我来找妳的目的

If you believed it impossible, I wonder that you came so far.

若妳认为不可能 何必大老远跑来?

To hear it contradicted.

我要听妳亲口否认

Your coming will be a confirmation if such a report exists.

如果有这样的传闻 妳的光临就能证明

If? You pretend to be ignorant of it?

如果?妳假装不知有这回事?

Has it not been industriously circulated by yourself?

不是妳自己努力散布的吗?

I have never heard of it.

我从没听过这回事

Can you declare there is no foundation for it?

妳能说这毫无根据吗?

I do not pretend to possess equal frankness with your Ladyship.

我可不想假装和妳一样坦白

You may ask a question which I may choose not to answer.

妳可以问问题 我不一定要回答

Has my nephew made you an offer of marriage?

我外甥跟妳求婚了吗?

Your Ladyship has declared it to be impossible.

夫人已宣称这是不可能的

Mr Darcy is engaged to my daughter. Now what have you to say?

达西先生已跟我女儿订婚 妳有什麽话要说?

If that is the case, you cannot suppose he would make an offer to me.

若是如此 妳就没有理由认为他跟我求婚

Selfish girl. This union has been planned since their infancy.

妳这自私的女孩 他们从小就配对了

Do you think it can be prevented by a woman of inferior birth

妳认为一个出身卑微的女人

whose own sister's elopement resulted in a scandalously patched-up marriage

她妹妹的私奔丑闻 导致先上车後补票的婚姻

only achieved at the expense of your uncle.

都是靠妳姨父花钱摆平 能阻止这段婚事

Heaven and Earth! Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

老天爷,彭伯里的名声 会被这样糟蹋吗?

Tell me once and for all, are you engaged to him?

妳老实告诉我 妳跟他订婚了吗?

I am not.

没有

Will you promise never to enter into such an engagement?

妳能保证永远不跟他订婚吗?

I will not and I certainly never shall.

我不,也绝对不会保证

and can now have nothing further to say.

现在应该没什麽好说的

I must ask you to leave immediately.

请妳立刻离开

Goodnight.

晚安

I have never been thus treated in my entire life!

这辈子还没有人这样对待我

- [Mr Bennet] What is going on? - Just a small misunderstanding.

- 伊莉莎白,这是怎麽回事? - 只是一点小误会

[Lizzie] For once in your life, leave me alone!

拜托就别烦我了

- I couldn't sleep. - Nor l. My aunt...

- 我睡不着 - 我也是,我姨妈…

Yes, she was here.

是的,她来过这里

How can I ever make amends for such behaviour?

对她这种行为 我该如何补偿妳呢?

After what you've done for Lydia

妳为莉蒂亚所做的一切

and, I suspect, for Jane, it is I who should be making amends.

还有珍 应该补偿的人是我

You must know. Surely you must know it was all for you.

妳应该知道 这一切都是为了妳

You are too generous to trifle with me.

妳不会大方到愚弄我的程度

You spoke with my aunt last night and it has taught me to hope

昨晚妳跟我姨妈说的话 给了我一丝希望

as I'd scarcely allowed myself before.

是我先前绝不敢妄想的

If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once.

若妳的感情仍如同去年四月 请立刻告诉我

My affections and wishes have not changed.

我的情感及愿望都没改变

But one word from you will silence me for ever.

妳只要说一句 我就永远不再提起

If, however, your feelings have changed...

但是若妳改变心意…

...I would have to tell you,

...那让我告诉妳

you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love...

妳的身丶心丶灵都令我着迷 我爱…

I love... I love you.

我爱…我爱妳

I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.

今天起 我希望再也不要与妳分离

Well, then.

那好吧

Your hands are cold.

你的手好冷

[Mr Bennet] Shut the door, please.

拜托关上门,伊莉莎白

Lizzie, are you out of your senses? I thought you hated the man.

伊莉莎白,妳疯了吗? 我以为妳痛恨那个人

- No, Papa. - He is rich, to be sure.

-不,爸爸 -他确实很有钱

And you will have more fine carriages than Jane.

妳的马车会比珍多很多

But will that make you happy?

但那会让妳快乐吗?

Have you no other objection than your belief in my indifference?

除了我的冷淡外 你还有其它反对意见吗?

None at all.

没有

We all know him to be a proud, unpleasant sort of fellow.

我们都知道他是个傲慢 令人不快的家伙?

But this would be nothing if you liked him.

但如果妳喜欢他就无所谓

I do like him.

我真的喜欢他

I love him.

我爱他

He's not proud. I was wrong. I was entirely wrong about him.

他并不傲慢,是我错了 是我深深地误会他

You don't know him, Papa. If I told you what he was really like,

你不了解他,爸爸 若我告诉你他真正的个性

what he's done...

和他所做的一切

What has he done?

他做了什麽?

[Mrs Bennet] But she doesn't like him. I thought she didn't like him.

但她不喜欢他 我以为她不喜欢他

[Jane] So did l. So did we all.

我也是,我们全都这麽想

[Jane] We must have been wrong.

我们一定弄错了

- It won't be the first time, will it? - No, nor the last, I dare say.

-这不是第一次了,是吧? -对,我敢说也不是最後一次

Good Lord.

老天

- I must pay him back. - No.

- 老天,我必须还他 - 不

You mustn't tell anyone. He wouldn't want it.

你不能告诉任何人 他不想这样

We misjudged him, Papa. Me more than anyone. In every way.

我们误会他了,爸爸 我比别人错的更厉害

Not just in this matter.

不光是这件事

I've been nonsensical.

我一直很愚蠢

But he's been a fool about Jane, about so many other things.

但他对珍的事及其他很多事 也是个傻瓜

But then, so have l.

话说回来,我也是

You see, he and I are...

你知道,他跟我…

He and I are so similar.

他跟我是这麽相像

We're both so stubborn.

我们都很顽固…

Papa, l...

爸爸,我…

You really do love him, don't you?

妳真的很爱他,是吧?

Very much.

非常爱

I cannot believe that anyone can deserve you.

我本来不敢相信 有任何人配得上妳

But it seems I am overruled.

看来我错了

So I heartily give my consent.

所以我衷心地赞同

I could not have parted with you, my Lizzie, to anyone less worthy.

我的伊莉莎白,我绝不能把妳 交给任何不够格的人

Thank you.

谢谢

If any young men come for Mary or Kitty, for heaven's sake, send them in.

若有人要跟玛莉和小凯求婚 看在老天份上,叫他们进来

I'm quite at my leisure.

我正闲着呢

How are you this evening, my dear?

你这个晚上过得怎样?亲爱的?

Very well.

非常好

-Only I wish you would not call me \"my dear\". -Why?

-只是希望你别再叫我“亲爱的”了 -为什麽?

Because it's what my father always calls my mother when he's cross about something.

因为只有我父亲生气时 才会如此称呼我母亲

What endearments am I allowed?

那我该怎样称呼你呢?

Well let me think...

哦,让我想想看

\"Lizzie\" for everyday

平日就叫我“丽西”

\"My Pearl\" for Sundays

星期天就叫我作“我的珍珠”

and...

另外…

\"Goddess Divine\

可以叫我“女神” 但只限於在非常特别的情况下

And...what should I call you when I am cross?

那麽,我生气时…该怎麽叫你呢?

\"Mrs. Darcy\"?

达西夫人?

No! No.

不…不

You may only call me \"Mrs. Darcy\"...

你只许在以下的情况下叫我“达西夫人”

when you are completely, and perfectly, and incandescently happy.

就是在你感到非常快乐,非常幸福时

Then how are you this evening... Mrs. Darcy?

那你今晚过得怎麽样?

Mrs. Darcy

达西夫人?

Mrs. Darcy

达西夫人

Mrs. Darcy

达西夫人

Mrs. Darcy

达西夫人

Mrs. Darcy

达西夫人

因篇幅问题不能全部显示,请点此查看更多更全内容

Top